How to Play (this blog)

Being a writer, and a game designer (though not a native English speaker, sorry in advance for the WTF factor in mywords), one of the most sensible options for me seems to be to write about games. Duh. As happens with most obvious answers, this didn't seem obvious at all until very recently. Too busy writing stories and thinking up games, I missed this for a long time. But well. That's me.

I am one who casually games. ("Casual games" was already taken as an url, and I like this title better anyhow).

I am also one who thinks this is one of the most exciting moments in gaming history, especially from the Web 2.0 agenda: make it, upload it, share it. New strange concepts ariise nowadays for a new strange gaming generation --and for previous strangely changed generations as well. It makes me very happy to be a witness of all this.

I guess you can figure out already the focus of this zine. I'm interested in strange game concepts, in reflecting about games could do, in what's out of the box. I hate the phrase "gaming industry" when used by game creators and I hope it's the last time I use it on this blog ever.

I am one of them. Hope you're too. We who casually game.

This blog, blogzine, textcast, gamesilo or whatever you want to call it, is meant as a tribute to those who are writing and dreaming what games have never been until this day. To them, hats off.

WARNING! As with the rest of my life, I don't think there will be any regularity in these posts. Even that I can't figure out in advance. Let me tell you how it'll most likely be: Due to my work, I spend long hours researching the web, looking for these gems. When found, I play them, look at them, allow myself to be marveled by them, think about them, think about others like or unlike them, seep in some more draughts of their beauty... and then I should be ready to post. I'm not after novelty, either, in the sense of "the latest thing": good things are timeless. I say that again: Good things are timeless.

You can press Play now.

1 comentario:

Marcos dijo...

Congratulations!

Publicar un comentario